Self-service instructions for employment verification.
Use the instructions below to identify state worker's employing agency, and conduct an employment verfication.
- Use the state's Online Telephone Directory to match an employee to his/her employing agency: http://dial.wa.gov/Organization/LocalFrames.asp
- On the left side of the directory, in the VIEW field, use the drop down box to select "Employee Directory."
- Enter the employee's last and first names.
- Click on "Search."
- Once you have the employee's information on screen, his/her agency should appear under the agency column on the right side of the Search Results. Note the agency name.
- If you receive the following error message: "No records were found matching your search criteria. Please try again." It could be one of the following reasons:
- the employee is no longer an active state employee, or
- the employee may be a contract employee
- Find the agency contact information by using the left side bar of the directory and selecting:
- In the VIEW field, use the drop down box to select "Organization"
- Enter the agency name (from step 5) in the NAME field Click on "Search"
Click on the "page icon" next to the agency name to view the organizational structure and contact information for the agency.
Additional Help? If you are unable to find the employee or agency contact information in the directory, call (360) 407-8422 for further assistance.